03 Apr Breathing disorders of sleep
- RONCOPATHY: indicates all the clinical manifestations related to sleep respiratory disorders, from simple snoring to the most severe apnea.
- APNEA: stoppage of the oro-nasal airflow for a period equal to or greater than 10 seconds
- IPOPNEA: reduction of the oral-nasal flow
- OSAS: is the syndrome of obstructive sleep apnea, is characterized by the number of episodes of apnea recorded for hours of sleep. Among the habitual snorers 20/50% present the OSAS.
- OSAS is often underestimated or not recognized by the patient but represents a high risk factor for cardiovascular diseases such as:
◦ ARTERIAL HYPERTENSION
◦ CARDIAC INFARCTION
◦ CARDIAC ARITHME
◦ CEREBRAL ICTUS
IF YEARS OF NIGHT, IF YOU HAVE AN RESPIRATORY SLEEP DISORDER, ASK FOR A CONSULTATION